Lifetree Film Fest General Rules
The following general rules apply to all entries into the
Lifetree Film Fest.
1. All submissions must be through Withoutabox (WAB).
2. We encourage the submission of international film or video
entries, but all entries must be in English or have English dubbing
3. All entries must be available for screening during the festival,
which will be April 19-20, 2013.
4. We welcome and celebrate short films and full-length
5. Entries with a run time of 30 minutes or less are eligible for
distribution through the Lifetree Cafe's international network and
for the Lifetree Film Award.
6. All entries must conform to the rating standards of PG-13 or
7. By submitting to Lifetree Film Fest, you agree to allow
highlights or excerpts of your entry (e.g., a trailer) to be placed
on LifetreeFilms.com and LifetreeCafe.com for marketing and
promotion of the Lifetree Film Fest and Lifetree Cafe.
8. By submitting to the Lifetree Film Fest, you grant permission
for Lifetree Film Fest to include the work in retrospective
programs at future festivals, and also that year's travelling
Lifetree Film Fest shown at Lifetree Café locations within a year
of the original festival date. If you elect not to have your film
included in the traveling Lifetree Film Fest or at future
festivals, you must note that on your submission.
9. You may submit as many entries as you like. Each entry requires
its own entry fee. Lifetree Film Fest does not pay screening fees
10. Write your WAB entry number on any and all preview materials
you send us, especially the outside of the package and the DVD
itself. This will insure your entry is processed in a timely
11. Finalists will be selected based on excellence in conformity to
content guidelines (e.g., the PG-13 rating limit), judging
criteria, and festival philosophy.
12. We accept preview entries on DVD only. If you are chosen to
show at the festival or for distribution through the Lifetree Cafe
national network, you may send a full quality .mov file on a DVD no
later than 2 weeks prior to the festival screening. If no screener
is sent, the submission DVD will be used to screen.
13. We will notify you that we have received your entry via
14. We will NOT return either preview or final exhibition
materials, so plan accordingly.
15. In accordance with both Lifetree Film Fest and Withoutabox
policies, the entry fee is non-refundable. You will not be allowed
to enter your work unless you agree to abide by the terms and
conditions of the Lifetree Film Fest.
16. All awards are based on the overall merit of the entry.
Decisions by the judges are final.
17. Finalists will be notified on or around March 15, 2013, if
their entry will be screened at the 2013 Lifetree Film Fest and
considered with the other finalists for the top awards.
18. All finalists will have their entries screened at the 2013
Lifetree Film Fest, and will be featured in the festival program.
In addition, films that receive the Lifetree Film Award may be
distributed throughout the Lifetree Cafe international network.